Thursday, June 7, 2012

Simon Pegg Interview


GQ.com: You've just finished filming LA Noir with The Shawshank Redemption director Frank Darabont. Were you a fan of his TV series The Walking Dead?

Simon Pegg: I am but it's difficult with The Walking Dead because Frank was very unceremoniously let go from that project [at the end of series one]. Their reasons were complex and I don't want to get into it but I feel conflicted about The Walking Dead now. It's a great show and my friend Greg Nicotero is now directing episodes; I want to support him but I'm less enamoured with regards to the people up top on that show now. They gave Frank a rough time. But it did free him up to do this - and the script is just fantastic. I was at his birthday and he just said, "Hey, you want to be in LA Noir?" It was one of those nights. I got the script and immediately just said, "Oh God, please, yes!"

www.gq-magazine.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment